Northern Ireland Weddings
We are all aware the Coronavirus has caused some major concerns across the world and as a result certain measures have been put in place to minimise the risk and exposure of the virus.
As of now 17/03/2020 there is no telling what is going to happen, weeks or months from now with the latest update causing pubs, events and social gatherings to stop for a period of time.
For all those couples who have booked your wedding for this year I can say that no venue at present has cancelled or considering cancelling in Northern Ireland. The Republic Of Ireland has seen certain venues ask that numbers be reduced to under 100 but weddings have gone ahead in line with this new introduction.
There is no need to panic and fear the worst, keep planning and organising your wedding until you hear otherwise from your venue. If a venue is cancelling or placing restrictions you will be the first to know by them. What you need to do is keep your suppliers up to date with any changes or restrictions that have been put in place.
If you do have wedding insurance please contact them and ask questions as regards Coronavirus and what is covered in the likelihood of Venue closures etc. Having spoke to two insurance companies it is unclear exactly how things stand regarding the recent developments and advise that was released regarding public gatherings.
If you voluntarily decide to postpone your wedding, chances are you will not be covered by your insurance as most policies state that - the booked venue for the wedding or wedding reception being unable to hold your wedding due to an outbreak of infectious or contagious disease, damage to the venue, murder or suicide at the premises or closure of the venue by the relevant authority.
Quarantine - Yes If a close relative (as defined below) is quarantined in hospital and evidenced by a medical certificate and would make continuance of the wedding inappropriate.
Insurers would not cover a close relative if they self-isolate unless they have a valid medical certificate certified by a GP or hospital.
Your spouse, partner, fiancé(e), parent, parent-in-law, step-parent, son, son-in-law, step-son, daughter, daughter-in-law, step-daughter, grandparent, grandson, granddaughter, brother, brother-in-law, stepbrother, sister, sister-in-law or step-sister.
Always read your policy very carefully as they may differ and ask any questions needed before voluntarily postponing or cancelling.
If you have to postpone your wedding....
I would like to make it clear straight away that if you have to postpone the wedding to a date later in the year or next year, I will work with you to make sure that I can still be there with no additional costs incurred. Other suppliers may be different so please make sure to contact each individual supplier in the event you are postponing to check what their policy is in regards to that. These are challenging times and the more notice you give to your suppliers the more flexibility there will be as regards dates and availability. I would ask any couple considering postponing to contact me as soon as possible to discuss any future plans or dates you may have.
It is business as normal at the moment with previous weddings all passing without restrictions and those that are getting married in the next 6 weeks still have the green light from the venues. Hopefully the wedding season will pass as normal without any problems and this Coronavirus can be isolated and dealt with in a timely manner.